Current Design Teams:
The Memory Nest: June 2013- PresentResponsibilites for the summer were to create layouts for 2 challenges a month
September forward I am on the product design team where I create 2-3 layouts a month using the kits provided.
Guest Design TeamsBack Porch Memories: September 2013
Color Me Scrappy: August 2013
Past Design Teams:
Sketchabilities : June - August 2013Responsibilities: To create a layout twice a month using a sketch provided.
Thinking Through Design : May 2012 - March 2013
Design Team Member (Thoughtful Girl)
- Creating a layout based off of the "thought" once a month.
- Write a paragraph or "thought" on how and why I created my layout
Sketches in Thyme: November 2011- March 2013Design Team Member
- Creating 2 layouts based off of the weekly sketches. We rotate weeks.
- Comment on layouts of members
Memorable Seasons July 2011 - June 2012:Design Team Member
My responsibilites included:
- Creating a challenge monthly
- Use monthly kit to create 3 layouts and a card
- Helping with monthly crops/events
- Having example layouts for as many of the challenges as possible
- Commenting on layouts in the gallery
- Daily Activity on the boards
- Update Blog along with other DT members
Challenge Masters: http://www.challengemastersonline.com/
Design Team Member:
- Creating a challenge once a month for the members. My current challenges are: Trend Watch(one I created on my own), and Sketch. I also need to create and example layout for each challenge. I used to do the Color challenge as well.
- Be on website daily commenting on posts as needed
- Being in charge twice a quarter for Question of the Day and Scrap Question of the Day
- Helping Plan and Participating in Blog Hops, Contests, and other events as needed.
- Sending a RAK occasionally for challenges in the contests and blog hops
- Commenting in the gallery on the work of other members
- Participating in any additional challenges as I'm able.
- Welcome New Members
June 2009- May 2010
Let's Scrap Sketch Site: http://www.letsscrap.ning.com/
- Create at least one layout based off of the weekly sketch
- Participate and complete weekly DT challenges
- Periodically take a turn posting a DT challenge and providing a RAK for a random winner
- Help find sponsors for the weekly prizes
- Help coordinate and host crops as needed
- Give positive Feedback on each layout posted
- Welcome new members
- Help spread the word about Let's Scrap and what it has to offer.
World Class Scrappers - a Local Scrapbook Store
- Designed 4-5 layouts a month using products that need to be used
- Occasionally designed layouts for Layout Kits to be sold in the store
- Taught layout classes at a semi-annual Scrapbook Retreat
Cut' n Paste - a Local Scrapbook StoreDesign Team Member:
- I created 4-6 layouts a month using new products or products that weren't moving well
- I taught monthly classes with projects such as tags, layouts and mini albums(what I taught the most)
- Assisting customers to assess and meet their needs
- Products displays
- Demo new tools
- Teach new techniques during our make and takes
- Host weekend crops creating product and technique challenges to promote certain products and to inspire customers
- Kept up with all of the current trends, products and manufacturers to assist the owners in deciding what to bring into the store
- Assisted the owners in ordering new product
- Ran monthly contests for the store to focus on certain product sales or tools
- Created DT kits
- Communicated regularly with my DT members/held meetings to discuss the store needs
- Managed 4-6 DT members; recruited new members when needed
Scraptastic Memories - website
Design Team Coordinator
- I set the entire team up from the start, including the DT call and selecting a good variety of designers.
- Worked closely with the owner in figuring out kits, what products to purchase, etc.
- Monthly newsletter: The newsletter was my responsibility and it included: assigning and compiling articles from DT members, writing my own article, as well as listing and linking the new products in the store.
- Organize and Run Quarterly Crops/Contests
- Managed 4-6 DT members
- Daily activity on the message boards, ensuring there were new and interesting topics to keep the members coming back
- Left postive feedback on each layout posted